Click Here to view this article as a PDF.
Author: Kristenson, Joel
Last Updated: 2016-10-20
This article walks through the steps to setup alternate payment options for an event and/or membership portal. By default the only option turned on is to pay in full, but you can offer your patrons and members the option to pay weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.
Here’s an example of what your payment options could look like:
Tip: Read these articles or watch these videos to learn how to setup your events. Read this article to learn how to sell/track memberships.
1) Navigate to the Events list.
2) Search for and open the event/membership portal you want to enable alternate payments for. In my example I used a membership ‘event’ called “Become a Member”.
3) Navigate to the Financial > Setup > Setup.
4) Select the radio button called ‘All purchasable items and donations will be eligible for installment payments’ and then navigate to the Recurrence tab.
5) Under the Recurrence tab click the [+ New] button.
6) Check the boxes for the options you want to enable and then click [OK].
Tip: after adding the options you can open them back up and further modify the description. For instance you can change the default for ‘Monthly’ to read something like ‘Monthly (12 Payments Per year’. Here’s an example:
7) Once you’re finished customizing the names and add/removing payment options click [Save] and then click [View Page].
8) Your new options will now display on the event/membership page. My example is below.
That concludes the steps. Continue reading to look through an example of what a checkout will look like for your patrons/membership as well as how the data looks after it’s collected into the backend database.
Img 1 of 4 – Selecting What To Buy And Clicking [Order]
Img 2 of 4 – Top-Half Of Checkout Page (Tip Displays About Installment Payments)
Img 3 of 4 – Bottom-Half Of Checkout Page (Selecting Credit Card As Payment Method)
Img 4 of 4 – Backend Database View Of Purchase (Amount Paid / Amount Open)
The related resources below link to a wide variety of articles and videos related to the event/membership system. If you need help with any of this, don’t hesitate to contact our live support.
Webpage: List of Merchant Gateways that Integrate with Trail Blazer
Article: Events 2014 – Part I
Article: Events 2014 – Part II
Article: How to Add a New ‘Event’ to the Drop-Down List for Entering Contributions
Article: How to Print or Re-Print Event Tickets and Event Order Receipts from your Database
Article: How to Create Custom Email Responders for Specific Events – New 2016 Feature Upgrade
Article: Membership Management – Creating & Selling Memberships Online & Manually – Tracking Renewals, Sending Out YE ‘Statements’ & Renewal E-Mails, and More (Nonprofit Only)
Article: Purchase Orders – Manually Enter an Order for Tickets, Products, or Memberships within an Event, and Record the Related Contribution Record
Article: Manually Assigning Tickets to Specific Event Attendees (Ticket Holders) after the Original Purchase Order has been Created
Article: Add a Background Image to an Event
Article: How to Style your Event Pages – 4 Example Mock Events – Sample CSS Code with Descriptions
Article: Display your Logo as a Redirect Link for an Event
Article: Events 2013 | Coupon promo code error messages
Video Playlist: Events
Video: Events 2013
Video: Events – Remove Person from Event
Video: Events – pay for an event online
Video: Filtered Contribution Columns in Format
Trail Blazer Live Support
* As a policy we require that you have taken our intro training class before calling or emailing our live support team.
Click here to view our calendar for upcoming classes and events. Feel free to sign up other members on your team for the same training.
* After registering you’ll receive a confirmation email with the instructions for how to log into the GoToMeeting session where we host our live interactive trainings.
* This service is included in your contract.